Wednesday, May 1, 2013

There's A Mouse About The House




Melly & Me is one of my favourite softie designers. Their designs are so quirky and fun and from a softie making perspective, have helped to develop my sewing skills immensely.

I found this pattern online recently and was asked to make one for a customer using some bright and bold fabrics. After an initial glitch with the printing of the pattern (I didn't enlarge it enough and didn't realise until making the teeny tiny limbs) this curious mouse came to fruition. Enormous ears, a curly tail and inquisitive eyes, such a little cutie. Or not so little actually as you can see along side my machine. This softie did take a few hours to make but as always I choose to hand stitch the details like the tummy patch and sew around the ears three times which requires a bit more time.

Want to make Mabelle the adorable Mouse? Pop over here for the free pdf where you also receive three other Melly & Me softie patterns.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x