A love-ly bookmark
- A piece of linen measuring 2" x 6"
- A piece of wool felt measuring 2" x 6"
- Crochet heart (I purchased mine from C Percy Designs)
- Stamp kit
- Needle and thread (sewing machine optional)
- Cut your felt and linen to the measurements indicated. The felt is to provide some stability to your bookmark. I use a rotary cutter for ease and a neat line.
- Using your stamp kit, stamp a word/phrase/love message on your piece of linen. In a previous life I was an Italian teacher hence the 'ti amo'. To ensure that your letters stamp cleanly on to your linen, wipe the ink off from the edge of the stamp pad so that it doesn't transfer to the fabric and put an ugly square around the letter. I used a cotton tip to clean away the ink.
- Pin your felt and linen together. Take it to your sewing machine and stitch (or hand stitch) together. I sewed two straight lines around the edges.
- Nearly finished. Hand stitched your crocheted heart to the top of your bookmark.
I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day .