Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Needle Books

Hi! Long time, no see. Sorry about that but I've been spending a lot of time in my craft room completing orders, playing around with new patterns and watching episodes of Grand Designs and The Great British Sewing Bee. I have, however, been taking photos of my newest creations which I plan to share over the next few days.

What are your thoughts on needle books? daggy? old fashioned? I think not, and after making this one a couple of months ago, I refuse to stick a needle in a pin cushion or tin again! So I recently decided to create my own couple of designs. The structure is relatively simple, an outside cover featuring a design and a felt sheet in the centre to secure your needles and pins. I am enjoying designing the covers and, of course, I love hand stitching. They also add a decorative touch to a craft space.

The babushka and owl designs are both available in my madeit store and the chook was a custom order. 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x