Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Off to Market

This last week has been full of fevers, vomiting, sniffles and a few late nights preparing for the Made on the Left Winter Market. Of course of all the weeks for every member of my family to fall sick, this was not the week......... Nevertheless I made it there with lots of softies, some hair clips and brooches. The market was well attended, better than any other market I have had a stall at and I was lucky to receive a lot of compliments with many 'aww's from people upon seeing my creations.



All in all I enjoyed preparing for and having a stall at the market, although I would have liked to have sold a couple more of my creations for it to have been an earner for me. If I was sit down and calculate the hours spent making each item plus the time selecting and purchasing the materials I'd probably get a little depressed, but at the end of the day this is my hobby, I love making softies and I do love the hours spent sourcing, selecting and buying the various materials and then putting them together to make something that is unique.


I guess that with each market you come away having learnt some new things and after almost two years away from the market scene, this was a positive 'return' experience. The new display props looked great and the blue tablecloth (which I bought) really stood out and was the perfect back drop for my colourful softies. I met some other lovely crafty folk, spent a little money of my own and am looking forward to the next market.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x