Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Bunting Themed Birthday Party

This is part II of Harper's first birthday party. I had decided on a bunting theme a few months ago, I'm a fan of all things bunting actually and figured I could use it in a number of ways.

I made each of the invitations (previously blogged about here) using some kraft card, cardstock from my stash and a little ribbon.

I found some bunting scrap booking card at Spotlight which I popped in a frame with a couple of photos of Harper.
My talented mum made the cupcakes with first birthday and bunting inspired toppers, gorgeous right?!


Using the same kraft card and cardstock I made a little 'ONE' bunting for Harper's highchair.


I made a mini-bunting for the top of the birthday cake. I cut out the little flags from cardstock, punched a heart in the centre of each one and handstitched them together. The ends were secured with some hot glue to two skewers and a ribbon attached to hide the end of the thread.


And purely by coincidence actually, here is Harper in her birthday outfit, complete with bunting on the front! She looked so grown up on the day walking around with her 48 hour walking legs! 


Lastly, I printed off these cute 'thank you' cards too to send out to those who sent cards to Harper and gave her gifts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x