Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Creative (& clean) Space

This weekend was nicely productive. I increased the pattern size of my hedgehog pattern (previously mentioned here) and made a boy, Herbert, and girl, Holly, who has already found a new home. The faux fur is a messy and tricky material to sew with but it is also more forgiving than cotton and I really enjoy making them.

I added some fabric to my stash last week after a sale at one of my favourite online stores. Lots of florals, funky chevron and Amy Butler arrived, a wash, dry and iron and I was promptly cutting out pattern pieces for two dollies. They are from the Big Book Of Softies, pattern by two little banshees.
As is always the case, a busy couple of sewing days results in a pretty decent mess. So before I start my next project (I hear some pin cushions calling me) a good clean up was in order. I bought this Ikea cabinet off Gumtree a couple of months ago and I absolutely love it. It is the perfect place to store my fabrics, threads, books and bits n bobs. Not sure how long it will remain this organised but I do love looking at my pile of pretty fabrics!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x