Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Emmaline Dress

I have continued to vary my sewing over the last week. I made some pear pin cushions (available now in my madeit store here) and I bought two patterns from Violette Fields Threads. I saw the Emmaline dress pattern a few months ago, the gorgeous girl in a ruffled maxi dress, too cute. So with a little discount encouragement, I bought the pattern and made one for Miss 4 over the weekend. I took my time with the pattern as it was the first time I have made my own bias tape and ruffles, both not nearly as frightening or tricky as I imagined. I used the size 5 pattern pieces and the overall fit is really good. I had two metres of fabric which was not quite enough to complete the dress with the extra two ruffles but my little model was certainly happy with the final result, and oh so cute too.

For a novice sewer like me, the pattern was easy to follow, the photos were clear and I expect that I would be able to make another within an afternoon. I have certainly caught the dress making bug, stay tuned for my next creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x