Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day (+ a recipe!)


My husband and I aren't the gushing, mushy, overtly romantic kind on Valentine's Day. We're the kind who like to surprise the hell out of each other at birthdays and Christmas or any other day of the year when we just want to make the other person feel special.

Having said that, I wanted to do something for Jon that would make him smile. So Michaela and I (finally got Harper down for an afternoon nap after yet another- her fourth in two weeks!- tooth cut through today......that's too much for a 7 month old I believe) decided to make Jon's/ Daddy's favourite biscuits- Florentines.


Ingredients
4 cups Corn Flakes
1.5 cups Salted Peanuts
1.5 cups Sultanas
2 pkts Coloured Cherries (chopped)
1 tin Condensed Milk
Milk chocolate
makes approx 30

Pre-heat moderate oven.
Mix ingredients together in a large bowl.
Spoon mixture onto a tray lined with Glad Bake.
Bake for approx 15 mins, until they turn golden. Allow to cool
Melt chocolate and coat underside of Florentine.
Enjoy, I dare you to stop at one!

After seeing this post I also wanted to make Michaela a wee outfit for the day. I ran out of time for a matching hairclip but it's partly done. I'll share a little tutorial for both in the coming days.


 

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day

Penelope x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment
Penelope x